KCAA March 1st Friday “What is Art” is tonight March 7th, 2014.
CAA has been designated a 2013-2015 Exemplary School by Arts Schools Network, Read More
IMAGINE AND ACHIEVE!
CAA is a K-11 public magnet school serving students in southwest Denver (K-12 coming in 2014). As one of the few public arts schools serving students in grades K-12 we are highly innovative in our daily educational approaches. Our classroom environments are based on research that includes active learning, experiential investigation and integrated arts. These practices are vital for the development of critical thinking and enthusiastic engagement inherent in lifelong learning.Inspired to achieve through imaginative explorations, students at KCAA can expect the following unique opportunities:
- A focus on knowing each child and supporting unique learning styles and needs
- An environment rich with arts materials, technology and abundant possibilities
- An array of daily arts classes with teaching artists, in addition to the arts infused into all standards-based core curriculum; career arts strands of choice for upper level students
- An environment that values questions and questing for answers, creativity and imagination in all products, individuality above uniformity and excellence above standardized performance
- Opportunities for mentor ships and internships in artistic career areas
- A culture of respect, encouragement and collaboration for each child, parent and teacher