Spring Break March 29th, 2014 – April 7th, 2014
School resumes April 8th, 2014 (Teacher planning Day April 7th, 2014)
KCAA Invites you to share a community meal and share art at April First Friday!
April 11th, 2014
CAA has been designated a 2013-2015 Exemplary School by Arts Schools Network, Read More
IMAGINE AND ACHIEVE!
CAA is a K-11 public magnet school serving students in southwest Denver (K-12 coming in 2014). As one of the few public arts schools serving students in grades K-12 we are highly innovative in our daily educational approaches. Our classroom environments are based on research that includes active learning, experiential investigation and integrated arts. These practices are vital for the development of critical thinking and enthusiastic engagement inherent in lifelong learning.Inspired to achieve through imaginative explorations, students at KCAA can expect the following unique opportunities:
- A focus on knowing each child and supporting unique learning styles and needs
- An environment rich with arts materials, technology and abundant possibilities
- An array of daily arts classes with teaching artists, in addition to the arts infused into all standards-based core curriculum; career arts strands of choice for upper level students
- An environment that values questions and questing for answers, creativity and imagination in all products, individuality above uniformity and excellence above standardized performance
- Opportunities for mentor ships and internships in artistic career areas
- A culture of respect, encouragement and collaboration for each child, parent and teacher